The measurement principle of the Pirani utilizes the thermal conductivity of gases for pressure readings. The THERMOVAC pressure gauges from Leybold Vacuum are equipped with a MEMS-Pirani sensing cell that consists of a silicon chip with a heated resistive element. These THERMOVAC sensors measure the pressure range from 760-10-5 Torr. For chemical and aggressive applications, we recommend using a C version as these are equipped with a Paralyene HT coated sensor, offering the utmost reliability for the harshest vacuum applications. All THERMOVAC sensors are equipped with a 360 degree LED-ring showing the status of the sensor. These sensors require the use of either our DISPLAY or GRAPHIX operating unit for power supply and pressure readout.
Advantages of the THERMOVAC:
Very reliable, industrial-grade solid state MEMS-Pirani resistant to vibrations and shock venting of vacuum systems.
- Reduced response times due to improved signal processing
- High accuracy
- High reproducibility
- Measurement signal insensitive to mounting orientation
- Robust stainless steel housing
- Available with a display for pressure units, set point parameters and operation status
- LED ring to indicate the status of the sensor
- Long tube version for reaching higher chamber bakeout temperatures